I was always a picky eater growing up (honestly, I am still a picky eater in many ways). However, I have had the good fortune to get to do a fair amount of travel and have eaten a few things I never thought I would ever eat (and surprised my mother too). Not the most exotic of exotic, but still pretty odd by my standards growing up Italian/Irish in NY. Just added one last week while in Hong Kong.
Updated 7/25 on input from the other half.
- Jellyfish – Hong Kong – tasted ok, did not like the texture. Based on what it looked like, probably the tentacles.
- Rabbit – London – not that unusual in the grand scheme of things but still, slathered in sauce, served like buffalo wings.
- Kangaroo – London – tasted like a peppery steak
- Crocodile (or was it Alligator?) – Australia – was so chopped into small bits and flavored hard to say what it was like.
- Moose – Norway – was ok, came with nice sauce
- Reindeer – Norway – also, ok, came with nice sauce. had seconds (or was it the moose).
- Emu – Australia – apparently I ate some, don’t recall what it was like.