Weekly Weigh-In: Week 17
|Category||New Scale (lbs)||Old Scale (lbs)|
|Starting Weight:||267 (estimate)||273|
|End Of Week 16 Weight:||235.9||240|
|End Of Week 17 Weight:||232.7||237|
|Week Over Week Change:||-3.2||-3|
|Total Weight Loss So Far:||34.3||36|
|Average Per Week So Far:||2.01 lbs/week||2.12 lbs/week|
Crazy split week. First-half spent doing high intensity gym attendance, excellent food eating. Touched a new low of 232 on Thursday morning. But I also knew it wouldn’t survive the weekend. Thursday was my sister’s 30th. Not only was it a birthday bash, it involved flying to the mid-west on Thursday, coming home on Saturday night. So 2.5 days of travel/birthday.
The additional wrench in the plan – was hoping to sneak in one more gym visit Thursday morning before leaving. A last-minute car issue meant I spent Thursday morning at the dealership racing against the clock to get it resolved so I actually could get to the airport. So no mitigating gym workout (and a little bit of a heavy breakfast for Thursday also reflected some poor planning on my part).
Overall, weekend went a little worse than I thought it would:
- Drank more beer than I thought I would (brewery tour on Friday didn’t help).
- Definitely could have made some better food choices Thursday night and Friday lunch.
That said, there were small victories to be had:
- Went to the hotel gym once as planned (flights/plans didn’t really allow for much more).
- Ate well at breakfast Friday/Saturday, despite being an open buffet (and despite it all looking pretty decent to be honest).
- No hotel junk food grazing or vending machines.
- Did not graze my way along the farmer’s market cheese / bread / sausage samples as I could have (some samples were had, but enjoyed in moderation).
- Got sweet potato fries at lunch on Friday instead of regular (no salad option, too late a lunch to not eat them).
- Given the option to walk back from my sister’s to the hotel Friday afternoon, I took it (1.5 miles at 3 mph – yay phone GPS for making it possible).
- Got pretty back on plan Saturday. Lunch at layover came with unnecessary roasted potatoes I skipped 95% of.