Monthly Archives: November 2011
Not two days after posting about rewards and motivations, I wound up doing a little clothes shopping that turned into a reward.
When I started a while ago (2 years ago), I was generally wearing size 50 easy fit/extender pants (and apparently I had slipped a few 52’s into my closet without registering it since I just found them and got rid of them). XXL/XXXL was a shirt size, not a Super Bowl. With the recent weight loss, I had dug out some old clothes, in the 44/46 range, but even the 46’s were falling off, and the 50’s were starting to look a little clown suit-ish (especially the actual suits). I’ve been trying to avoid buying new clothes while I keep losing, but we got to the point where I just needed a few things to help me get through.
So we went to an outlet mall nearby on the veteran’s day weekend where they were having some sales. I was initially hoping to pick up a pair or two of dress slacks and maybe a casual shirt. I figured based on the 44s fitting ok (they were loose, but not involuntarily falling down without a belt), I’d be looking at some 44’s or maybe some 42’s.
So imagine, my shock when I was fitting into 40’s (easy-fit I grant, but still)! Even better, I tried on a shirt and found the regular XL was too tent-like. Yep, a regular large was all I needed. It’s not as loose as I personally prefer, but it fits properly and will only be a few pounds to my preferred fit. Since 40’s will last me a lot longer than 44’s, I actually wound up buying a couple of shirts and some jeans as well.
It was unexpected and very satisfying.
I’d take the Thursday numbers with a bigger grain of salt than usual. Did a pretty good job recording but didn’t get absolutely everything. Same with some leftovers over the weekend. Nothing overboard but definitely 200 calories or so under-recorded.
As a side note, I bloody well did run for the train tonight.
Weekly Summary for Week of Mon, Nov 21st
|2,447 calories under budget for the week|
|Lost 3.4 pounds this week|
|Nutrient Summary||% Calories|
|Elliptical||1 Hour 10 Min||821|
|Walking||1 Hour 30 Min||969|
|Weight Lifting||1 Hour 55 Min||385|
Report generated by Lose It!. For more information or to sign up for your free Lose It! account, please visit http://www.loseit.com
- Completed C25K Week 1, started Week 2. Not feeling like I’m pushing it yet, from previous exercise but still trying to skip anything and avoid injury.
- Technical difficulties were had a plenty though with the non-running bits of running:
- Wed – not realizing the free version of the app wouldn’t run in the background, wound up paused several times on the timer til I figured that out. Added about 4-5 minutes of walking. (And upgraded to pro for a $1.60 – completely worth it).
- Wed – managed to send my ipod flying and cracked the screen 😦 Not readable anymore.
- Wed – sent my phone flying about 90 seconds later. Thankfully, undamaged.
- Fri – Managed to pull the emergency stop cord grabbing while my towel. Kind of messes of the stats for that one.
- As such, this weeks stats will be from Sunday’s run, which was the only smooth and 100% accurately recorded one.
- Fitness program for now until the books arrive – Run x 3 week, 3×12 sets of weights of just about anything I feel like 2-3 times a week. I am supplementing the running a bit with some elliptical and bike on 2 days, but again trying not to injure myself either. Arc trainer is out for now.
- Depending on what I learn from any additional reading, 200 crunches may be back in the picture as a good supplement once running is more full-time the other days of the week.
|Metric||Last Week||In Total|
|Mileage Run:||7.40 miles||9.65 miles|
|Longest Run:||2.41 miles||2.41 miles|
|Longest Run Time:||29:04 mm:ss||29:04 mm:ss|
|Longest Run Pace:||12:04 min/mile||12:04 min/mile|
|End Of Week 2 Weight:||213.3|
|End Of Week 3 Weight:||209.9|
|Week Over Week Change:||-3.4|
|Total Weight Loss So Far:||-4.9|
|Average Per Week So Far:||1.63 lbs/week|
At least some of the recorded loss for this week really belongs in the last two weeks. The cold has mostly gone, but still lingers a bit as a chest congestion/cough. The gym routine is suffering some run related disruption – not feeling like I am pushing things right now from a total calorie perspective, but not wanting to push too hard and get injured either. I figure it will ramp up pretty quickly so not stressing about it this week.
Off to the gym!