The Road To 2012 NYC Marathon – Summary of T-45 Week.
- Completed C25K Week 6, started Week 7 (we’re up to 25 minute runs).
- Mid-week run was 2nd outdoor run. Again, faster than I was doing on the treadmill (10:30 avg including warm-up/cool-down vs around 10:45-10:50). Since this is all backwards, this told me that it’s not the body holding me back on the machine, but the brain. For Sunday’s machine session I pushed it up and was able to sustain a faster pace than I was doing outdoors. (9:50 avg including warm-up / cool-down).
- I’m actually already running 5k now.
- Not sure if I am finding running addictive or not yet, but certainly the gadgetry associated with Run Keeper GPS tracking and the maps/analysis it provides certainly is.
- I mentioned it before, the Run Nassau Series/LI Marathon. Actually signed up this week – 5k/4m/5m/4m and half-marathon in May.
|Metric||Last Week||In Total|
|Mileage Run:||9.92 miles||51.47 miles|
|Longest Run:||3.54 miles||3.54 miles|
|Longest Run Time:||35:13 mm:ss||35:13 mm:ss|
|Longest Run Pace:||9:50 min/mile||9:50 min/mile|