Gimme a ‘V’, Gimme an ‘e’, hmm this could take a while, gimme an ‘rsatile Blogging Award.’
I humbly accept the award and any monetary compensation that it may entail (.. apparently none).
As per the rules, I am to tell you 7 things about myself that I have not previously disclosed and nominate 5 worthy other blogs for your consideration.
Seven Facts About Myself:
1. In real-life I could make a sailor blush. I’ve been known to make whole, meaningful sentences out of nothing but one or two curse words. I’ve managed to keep it in check at home for 4 1/2 years in front of the kid, but there have been some close calls.
2. I have been on a float during the Columbus Day parade twice (near 20 years ago, with many others).
3. I once dated a girl who’s family probably had a lot of money (they lived in Greenwich CT down the street from Sylvester Stallone, the mother went shopping with Susan Lucci, the house had a private gate and the circle in front of their house and their was some sort of baby grand in the hallway) … and I dumped her (she was really boring) and eventually married for love. My dreams of an idle life of ease and early retirement curses me periodically.
4. I once considered majoring in archaeology.
5. Despite 3 years of Spanish, 2 of Latin, 1 of German and adult Italian lessons I remain stubbornly mono-lingual, with only a few phrases of limited use (‘My record player is not working’, ‘I also do not like to play tennis’, ‘No, YOU don’t speak french.’ etc etc).
6. On my first business trip to Asia, I studiously learned how to write out the characters of my hotel name in the local language based on my bi-lingual ticket stub in case I got lost. Unfortunately, the word order was reversed and all I had learned was how to write ‘Hotel’.
7. I once considered offering a service where you would send me a city, a map and list of hotels you were thinking of staying at. I’d order them into my preference. You would then go with the one I rated my least preferred choice. (I’ve picked some stinkers, far from everything in some rough neighborhoods).
Now on to nominating some new blogs. I decided to try to go with some different ones that I find interesting and had been nominated before as far as I could tell. They are all pretty different, so there is bound to be one you might like in there.
In no particular order: