The Road To 2012 NYC Marathon – Summary of T-40 Week.
- Broke through 100 miles trained this week.
- Completed Bridge-2-10K Week 1 (run 4x10min). First day I took a 2 minute breather before the final run instead of 1 minute, but did it as planned.
- Starting to definitely feel it this week. Some minor blisters, and a little soreness. Trying to decide if I will repeat week 1 or move to week 2. Mostly, I’m not sure if it’s me or the shoes (probably both) and I’m a little hesitant to push it right now, especially since I don’t need to.
- First competitive 5K run is next Saturday here (thankfully the musketeers are not on duty next weekend!).
- Running has largely eliminated the 2nd cardio session from my fitness plans on Sundays and Wednesdays. It’s even impacting the weights on Fridays as I’m pretty bushed after my run.
|Metric||Last Week||In Total|
|Mileage Run:||16.57 miles||114.88 miles|
|Longest Run:||5.54 miles||5.54 miles|
|Longest Run Time:||53:48 mm:ss||53:48 mm:ss|
|Longest Run Pace:||9:43 min/mile||9:43 min/mile|