The Road To 2012 NYC Marathon – Summary of T-36 Week.
Holy cow – look at the time – almost forgot to post this week!
- Pretty much back to normal from last week’s back muscle injury. Wednesday was a little bit of concern, but completely forgot about it since, until I read last week’s summary.
- Next race is Sunday – 4 miler.
- 7 mile run break through (including walks, but again, I might be walking some of the marathon anyway so I’ll count it). 20 miles in a week!
- Completed Week 4 of Bridge to 10k. I’ll be doing Week 5 next week, but due to one of my earlier repeats, I won’t be getting to Week 6, since I start the northern iowa training program the week after.
- Next week will be the last week I do any planned non-running cardio – since iowa program involves running 4 days a week, up from my current 3. I may supplement for the first few weeks, but..
- …Running is now killing my weight training now. Running for 1 hour+ means I am doing some pullups/chin-ups and calling it a day most nights. I hope to get some more weights in during the early part of the program.
|Metric||Last Week||In Total|
|Mileage Run:||20.81 miles||180.86 miles|
|Longest Run:||7.17 miles||7.17 miles|
|Longest Run Time:||1:09:46 hh:mm:ss||1:09:46 hh:mm:ss|
|Longest Run Pace:||9:44 min/mile||9:44 min/mile|