The Road To 2012 NYC Marathon – Summary of T-35 Week.
So much to post this week.
- Did 2 of 3 days of Bridge to 10k week 5. Day 3 was conflicting with my Run Nassau race. Given events of Day 2 (below), I’m going to mark it as done and done.
- Friday I ran outside. My next known landmark was too far, so I decided to turn in a little early, but I live in one of those curvy road counties. I got lost. I got back on track, but didn’t trust myself, and made another wrong turn. When my 61 minute run was over, I was still 2.2 miles from home and I needed to get back. I took a few quick walk breaks, but ran most of it back. 9+ miles in total in 87 minutes. New record by a lot.
- Did I mention I’d forgotten my gloves and hat and it was chilly? (Another reason I kept running, too bloody cold when I walked).
- Oh, and my ipod wasn’t charged and died mid-run. I subbed in the phone, but not as good.
- We also had the next race I entered in the Run Nassau series. Got my official results. 32:07.7 or 8:02 minute/miles. Came in 68th of 375. I’ve got my run keeper results below (slightly edited – I forgot to turn off run keeper for 5 minutes after finishing).
- We start Northern Iowa program this week – Tue/Wed/Fri/Sun. Weekly mileage will drop slightly as I go back to very beginning. Going to see if I can work on speed during initial weeks.
- Holy smokes – half-marathon is in 7 weeks!
|Metric||Last Week||In Total|
|Mileage Run:||19.40 miles||200.26 miles|
|Longest Run:||9.39 miles||9.39 miles|
|Longest Run Time:||1:26:54 hh:mm:ss||1:26:54 hh:mm:ss|
|Longest Run Pace:||9:15 min/mile||9:15 min/mile|