Stuff I’m noticing since 45 pounds ago:
- Mirrors – I like ’em.
- Fat ears? My earphones, the same clip-over-ear brand/style (not the same actual headphones) that I’ve comfortably used for a decade suddenly won’t stay on the ear. They kind of vibrate off as I run. Add wind when outside, nearly impossible to keep them on. Didn’t even think ears could have fat.
- When I hold my hand out with fingers spread, there’s an indent right where the hand meets the wrist on the thumb side.
- Skinny people – what’s up with not telling us about this winter is cold stuff? I spent all winter saying ‘Brr, I’m cold.’ I think I said it more than my wife. I started wearing long-sleeve shirts. It was a mild winter too! This didn’t used to be an issue much. I hope summer works out better too now.
- About 10-15 pounds ago, I started finally noticing loose skin areas. Not a ton, but definitely some, and will be in the areas I still have fat left to lose. Still, beats being overweight.
- For the gym, I continue to wear the same sweatpants and t-shirts I bought 90 pounds ago. My wife laughs at them on me.
- Kitchen/dining room chairs with arms – comfortable.
- I really, really need to do something about the wedding ring.
- Not prepared to declare the love handles done and dusted, but we’re definitely down to a single layer.
- I better watch out – I like clothes-shopping.