Monthly Archives: April 2012
- Northern Iowa Week 7. 4,6,4, 12.
- Final Run Nassau race, 4 miles in Eisenhower Park. Before the race rational brain said to myself, “I’ve got 12 miles to do tomorrow, take it easy today.” Then the race started and competitive brain said, “I wonder if I can beat 30 minutes this time.” Guess which brain won. (Tho I didn’t quite crack 30).
- 56th place out of 331 – 30:14.2 time for a 7:34 pace. I came in 68th of 375 during last 4 miler and averaged 8:02.
- Hey. Long Island Half-Marathon. It’s next Sunday. 8 am sharp. Little freaked out by it. But at same time, have reasonable expectation of doing sub-2 hours. (I did 12 in 1:46 today which was a touch slower pace – the time below includes warm-up and cool-down).
- 12 miles was a little tough due to lack of rest day (similar to how the 8 miler was tough in same setup). I can’t do the long one w/o the rest day anymore.
- My exercise calories add up to almost as much as my normal calories on long run days. And I eat a lot of them now (less so on short days, but even then I need to eat some of them).
|Metric||Last Week||In Total|
|Mileage Run:||27.85 miles||356.08 miles|
|Longest Run:||12.62 miles||12.62 miles|
|Longest Run Time:||1:56:10 hh:mm:ss||1:56:10 hh:mm:ss|
|Longest Run Pace:||9:12 min/mile||9:12 min/mile|
|End Of Week 7 Weight:||178.5|
|End of Week 7 BF %:||24.3%|
|End Of Week 8 Weight:||177.8|
|End of Week 8 BF %:||24.4%|
|Week Over Week Change:||-0.7|
|Average Per Week So Far:||0.96 lbs/week|
|Are we there yet?||No|
Had a good week really. Lows were even way lower than the official weigh-in. Never was up for the week.
Some big things happening next few weeks:
- Half – marathon next Sunday! My brain is a little ‘Holy @#!#!!! how did that sneak up so fast.” Starts at 8 am, so my weekly weigh in will be either way early or way late next week.
- I started my pound a week for 52 weeks challenge to myself 11 months ago. One month to go! Memorial weekend Sunday marks the 1 year anniversary!
Now off to the road..I’ve got some serious miles to log this morning.