The Road To 2012 NYC Marathon – Summary of T-28 Week.
- Northern Iowa Week 7. 4,6,4, 12.
- Final Run Nassau race, 4 miles in Eisenhower Park. Before the race rational brain said to myself, “I’ve got 12 miles to do tomorrow, take it easy today.” Then the race started and competitive brain said, “I wonder if I can beat 30 minutes this time.” Guess which brain won. (Tho I didn’t quite crack 30).
- 56th place out of 331 – 30:14.2 time for a 7:34 pace. I came in 68th of 375 during last 4 miler and averaged 8:02.
- Hey. Long Island Half-Marathon. It’s next Sunday. 8 am sharp. Little freaked out by it. But at same time, have reasonable expectation of doing sub-2 hours. (I did 12 in 1:46 today which was a touch slower pace – the time below includes warm-up and cool-down).
- 12 miles was a little tough due to lack of rest day (similar to how the 8 miler was tough in same setup). I can’t do the long one w/o the rest day anymore.
- My exercise calories add up to almost as much as my normal calories on long run days. And I eat a lot of them now (less so on short days, but even then I need to eat some of them).
|Metric||Last Week||In Total|
|Mileage Run:||27.85 miles||356.08 miles|
|Longest Run:||12.62 miles||12.62 miles|
|Longest Run Time:||1:56:10 hh:mm:ss||1:56:10 hh:mm:ss|
|Longest Run Pace:||9:12 min/mile||9:12 min/mile|