The Road To 2012 NYC Marathon – Summary of T-27 Week.
- Northern Iowa Week 8. 4,6,4, 14 is the program, but I substituted the LI Half Marathon in for the 14 (but only 13.1). That said my pace was faster due to a little competition.
- I’m officially a half-marathoner, with a medal to prove it!
- I came in the top 17% of finishers – woo!
- Afterwards, I bumped into a woman who said she was using me as a pacer. My runkeeper miles were pretty consistent for race around 8 minutes a mile except for my scheduled drink breaks and the final mile where I was looking out for the family in a sea of faces. I thought it was pretty funny since it was my first race.
- Watched someone puke at 9 miles. Saw another runner refuse to slow down for injury – I would pass her and she would be on the side stretching out something (this was starting around 7 mile mark), and then she’d zoom past me. And then I’d see her at side of road stretching out something.
- Ran part of the race on a closed highway. Tried to make a joke about how I was glad they kept the speed limit 55 so we didn’t have to slow down, but I was a little out of breath, and the timing was at part of nasty overpass hill where everyone mostly slowed down, cept for me (I passed a lot of people on that hill). I can’t do hills slow otherwise I stop, I tend to go down slower than up. So I think they may have thought I was boasting, but wasn’t really.
- Using the phone while on the race – more difficult than I anticipated. Primary issue – sweaty fingers make it hard to type. Secondary issue – screen with sweat on it, hard to read. So my tweets were terser than hoped. We will see. Maybe I can find a voice to tweet feature somewhere.
- Some photos at the bottom.
|Metric||Last Week||In Total|
|Mileage Run:||28.63 miles||384.71 miles|
|Longest Run:||13.1 miles||13.1 miles|
|Longest Run Time:||1:47:47 hh:mm:ss||1:47:47 hh:mm:ss|
|Longest Run Pace:||8:21 min/mile||8:21 min/mile|