The Road To 2012 NYC Marathon – Summary of T-26 Week.
- Northern Iowa Week 9. 4,7,4, 16. 16! 13.1 seems easy in comparison.
- Yep – 6 months to go to NYC marathon!
- First week I was sore more than normal on Monday. And TIRED! Felt like I spent half of Monday only half-awake.
- Had a really nice run on the long run for most of it – went to a trail where it is about 14. I extended as recommended by running slightly off the trail at the mid-point into the neighborhood which was supposed to stretch it to 15, but not quite really. I had hoped the other small area I started in had a path I could run down at the end, but not really either. So I spent the last 1.5 miles or so doing circles in the parking lot, which was..NOT FUN. Especially at the end, where I am talking myself into finishing and not stopping at 15.
- Thankfully next week we stay at 16. Definitely not ready for 18 yet.
- Saw lots of other runners/bikers/walkers tho, including a few wearing their shirts from last weeks area marathon (I was wearing my NYC 2012 Training shirt so pfft!)
- Nearly 2k calorie burn.
|Metric||Last Week||In Total|
|Mileage Run:||33.37 miles||418.08 miles|
|Longest Run:||16.51 miles||16.51 miles|
|Longest Run Time:||2:32:08 hh:mm:ss||2:32:08 hh:mm:ss|
|Longest Run Pace:||9:13 min/mile||9:13 min/mile|