T-22/T-47 – 1 for the Money, 2 for the Show
So after a few weeks of moping around and just generally re-connecting with the weight machines at the gym, and a continued lack of information about the specifics of 2013 marathon entry, I’ve come up with a plan. A plan that boggles my mind, because.. I had no intention of becoming a serial marathon runner, yet.. this is what we are led to.
But the logic is compelling:
1) We still have no firm answer about 2013 NYC marathon. The answer could be, maybe not 2013, but 2014 if they decide to split up deferments.
2) I did the marathon instead of a bash for 40, and so far I’m sitting on neither right now
3) I have no interest in doing one of the other marathons as the cheering squad will be limited by location.
4) I’m from NYC, the only other one I would consider is London from living there, and same problem as 3).
5) I’ll still be (just) 40 during LI marathon.
6) If I’m going to do LI Marathon, the training starts Dec 31 or Jan 14 depending on which program I use, so the time to decide is now.
7) LI Marathon is pretty cheap especially with early bird sign up (especially compared to NYC).
So I’ve signed up for the 2013 Long Island Marathon on May 5 (yay for beer after!). If all things go well and 2012 NYC marathoners are deferred into 2013 without issue, well gonna run that too, and run out some aggravation on that one. If something happens for either one, I’ve doubled my shot of completing one in 2013 (and honestly what are the chances of something happening to blow out all 3 I’ve signed up for).
The only major downside in this plan is..the training. I’ll be doing training 2 more times.. Will attempt to not think about this.
Now to decide if I’m going to do the 16 week training program again, or do a more intermediate 18 week one.