The Road To 2012 NYC Marathon – Summary of T-23 Week.
- Crazy realization of the day – I was pumped to do the half-marathon on May 6th. I realize I’ve done 4 more since then (actually more since 14 was the minimum). That’s 5 weeks in a row of half-marathons or longer. Wow!
- Northern Iowa Week 12. 5,8,5, 18. 18 is the max training for this particular program, and next week is in fact the last one before a two week taper.
- Little concerned about the knees. Two weeks ago on the long run, I had a little pain in one towards the end but I had been rough on them the day before. Last week was fine. This week had to stop at 14 miles and walk a few minutes. Had a sudden jolt of pain. Immediate stop and walk seemed to be okay after. But I am glad we have a taper after next week.
- I do note I tend to heel strike with one foot and mid-strike with the other (which I think is odd), and it’s the heel strike knee.
- In theory I am supposed to run a marathon on July 1st. However, I plan to flip right over to the next round of training after northern iowa finishes (I had no idea I’d still be keeping up with the round 1 program when I started which is why I thought doing two programs back to back was a good idea at the time). So my current thinking is I will aim for a 20 miler that weekend to get a little taste of the wall but not shoot myself in the foot for new program (which would start on the Tuesday after).
- Also, I’m not completely insane – not running an un-official marathon by myself just for kicks.
- I am very much leaning to the Hal Higdon Novice 2 program for 2nd round. It’s a little more intensive than northern iowa, but not overly so.
- When I hit 500 miles in Run Keeper mid-week, they sent me an email. I almost want to print it and frame it (no it’s not really special, but dang 500 miles!)
- I ran 8 miles on my birthday.
|Metric||Last Week||In Total|
|Mileage Run:||38.34 miles||528.98 miles|
|Longest Run:||18.52 miles||18.52 miles|
|Longest Run Time:||2:47:44 hh:mm:ss||2:47:44 hh:mm:ss|
|Longest Run Pace:||9:04 min/mile||9:04 min/mile|